Ups and Downs

Up:

One of my cousins who works for the NYPD in ESU made Captain. Congratulations!

Down:

Got this email from a friend:

"I was thrown a curve ball when my close Prague buddy Mike was diagnosed a month ago with a brain lesion ... he'll either undergo surgery this week and then have a 14-36 month life expectancy or he won't, in which case he'll only have six months."

I knew Mike casually. He helped me out in a bind when I was in Prague as a favor to our mutual friend. Good guy, very laid back (Californian, go figure). The kind of guy who's easy to be around and he is IIRC in his late twenties. He's not a close friend but for some reason that was like a gut punch. I guess anything that brings mortality that close to home is amplified when you have young kids.

Up:

Imminent rate increase. It's meager but any increase is usually a good thing.

Down:

Was supposed to be effective January 1 and I haven't seen jack yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So....the autism thing

For Gerard