I don't get it

Things I don't get that everyone else seems to like:

1. Arrested Development (weird people and not a single character I can relate to)
2. Curb Your Enthusiasm (Larry David is annoyed by picayune things. Lather, rinse, repeat.)
3. American Idol (Marx was wrong. TV is the opiate of the masses and this is the Greater East India Company of the whole shebang)
Survivor (when they give them weapons and it's winner take all, call me)
Season's/Grottos (abominations both)
Light Beer (you need to seriously reexamine your life if you're male and drinking this crap)
The Rolling Stones (They should have stopped them dead in their tracks after Undercover was released)
Rita's Water Ice (C'mon people, it's just frozen sugar water)
The latest/greatest cellphone (I use mine for work and the occasional personal call)
Ringtones (enough. Put is on vibrate already)
Text messaging (it has it's place but sending me Anna Karenina on my cellphone is not going to endear me to you)
Black license plates (have you nothing better to spend your money on)
Golf (If I want to spend 3 hours outside trying to enjoy myself a maddening game isn't what I'm going to do)


more as I can think of them

Comments

Paul Smith Jr. said…
You may not be cynical enough to appreciate Arrested Development. (Imagine, I'm saying that to a New Yorker.) You're not supposed to relate to them, as much as laugh at them.

I love Season's, but agree on Grotto's.

The rest of the list (other than Curb Your Enthusiasm, which I've never seen) I completely agree on.
mkfreeberg said…
Krispy Kreme

Baggy Pants

Forrest Gump -- boring as hell

iPod

Top Gun

more
Hube said…
I concur with everything but golf (although if it gets as maddening as it can get, I just leave the course).
miriam sawyer said…
I can't understand why anyone likes Rita's tasteless stuff. However, I do like Curb Your Enthusiasm. Not enough to watch it regularly, though.
The Last Ephor said…
Morgan:

iPods indeed. They're nice and they have their place but people, take them out of your ears once in a while. There's a whole world going on around you.
Anonymous said…
you coming to the Scotch Tasting? better get a seat quick

Popular posts from this blog

For Gerard

So....the autism thing