The Big Lie

I know it appears I've invoked Godwin's Law in the title of this post but I haven't, really. Hear me out.

I'm talking about The Other Big Lie and it's codicil. It goes something like this:

Your alarm goes off and you hit snooze. Worse yet, you turn it off and tell yourself "I'm just going to close my eyes for a minute and then I'll get up."

You know you're lying to yourself but you believe it anyway. Next thing you know, it's 45 minutes later and you wake up, look a the clock and it you're anything like me, drop a few expletives and then get up.

The codicil to this lie is the one where you get up and you're positively exhausted. Eyes burning, head hurting, sensitive to light kinda tired. You then tell yourself; "I swear to God, I'm going to be early tonight."

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sounds like you need Clocky, the alarm clock that lets you hit snooze once before making a beeline for your floor and under your bed.
The Last Ephor said…
That's the last thing I need!

Popular posts from this blog

For Gerard

So....the autism thing