Civic Literacy Report - Civics Quiz

Civic Literacy Report - Civics Quiz: "You answered 30 out of 33 correctly — 90.91 %

Average score for this quiz during November: 77.2%
Average score since November 20, 2008: 77.2%

You can take the quiz as often as you like, however, your score will only count once toward the monthly average."

I missed three. I thought the Lincoln/Douglas debates were about the morality of slavery rather than it's expansion. I also said that cutting taxes and spending would jump start the economy. The "correct" answer is spend but cut taxes. Not sure I agree but I understand the position. Lastly I missed one other but I've closed the window and can't remember which one.

What's even more alarming is the results of our elected officials v. the average American

The latter group probably suffers from a smaller sampling error. That is, outliers have more influence in a smaller sample but that excuses nothing. The Left was freaking out b/c Sarah Palin was a rube and a simpleton and regular people like us need to be led by Great Men Of Intellect! Not mere plebians.

Prithee, tell me with all the lawyers who are in Congress, why they did so poorly? (IIRC most people in law school were undergraduate History majors).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Gerard

So....the autism thing