Presented Without Comment

Upon arrival in Houston International Airport, I was swiftly carted off to an interrogation section, where “Sayid” held a lovely conversation with me something like this:

“So, Mr. Ferriss, what were you doing in Argentina?”
“Just vacation.”
“A two-month vacation?”
“Yessir.”
“And what do you do?”
“I’m a writer.”
“What have you written?”
“Well, I actually just finished my first book, and it’s coming out in April.”
“So, you haven’t made any income from it?”
“Not really.”
“So, what do you do for income, then?”
“I also own a pharmaceutical design firm and a sports nutrition company, but they’re virtual, so I don’t need to be in the US for them.”
[loooooooong pause]
“Mr. Ferriss, you just gave me two completely different answers. I’m going to ask you again: what do you do?”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Gerard

So....the autism thing