Newt the Nonstarter

Right Wing Nut House talks about Newt's peccadillos and Michelle Malkin talks about his rating and hypocrisy. I love Newt. I think he's brilliant, eloquent and he could have been president. Now, however, as Johnny Fontaine said, "There's no chance, just no chance."

Newt blew it on several fronts. Each of them alone makes him the darkest of dark horses. The bounced checks, the extramarital affair, the hissy fit on Air Force One, government shutdown etc.

His negatives are so high I can only believe that he's running for some cabinet level position. There's no way he actually believes he's going to get the nomination let alone the presidency. Even Hillary can beat him. He will add some vigor to an otherwise dull primary. He will also be a bullet sponge for attacks from the left on the candidates on the right. The sins of the other candidates pale in comparison (with perhaps a few exceptions).

I promised myself I wouldn't start talking about this race until a year from now but I can't help myself.

Comments

Anonymous said…
"the extramarital affair"

tyler nixon says that is salacious bullshit! and I believe him...


why must you dig up this 10year old trash!?

Popular posts from this blog

For Gerard

So....the autism thing