More lies about WMDs.

I have been hammered over and over for my support for the Iraq war because it was based on "lies." That is, Iraq never had them. How they were counted and labeled by UNSCOM if they never existed is never clear to me, but I digress.

My rebuttal is that the Bush administration was told by George Tenet that it was a "slam dunk" that they had them. They provided detailed intelligence to them about what they had and where they had it. When that information turned out to be false, the President was accused of lying.

Lying used to mean putting forth something as true that you know to be false. Now lying apparently includes being wrong. If someone asks me what time it is and I tell them the wrong time because my watch stopped now I am a liar.

Since those are the new rules, I declare the CIA to be a bunch of liars.


Some recent secret reports stated that Pyongyang did not have nuclear arms and until recently was bluffing about plans for a test, according to officials who have read the classified assessments.


As they have been so abysmally wrong on everything for the last oh, 15 years or so, I have to wonder why we have them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So....the autism thing

For Gerard