So....I've not been blogging much of late. Largely because I have a new contract. I've worked at a variety of places; car insurance company, law firms, banks, but this one is quite a bit different.

I'm working at a candy company.

No, really, it's true. I don't know who's more excited, my wife or my kids. Free samples abound and the employees avail themselves quite freely. Additionally, they own a coffee company which means free coffee as well. In fact, the coffee plant is on the first floor which means the entire office smells like coffee. Better than the normal musty office smell.

So far, I've been cooped up in a conference room (read: war room) and trying to get my head around the project and the architecture. The people I work with are very bright and know the product well. The big boss has a surprisingly strong command on tech issues and such.

The timelines are very aggressive and it's likely to eat into my blog time as my commute is also longer. For better or worse (depending upon your opinion of my blog) I'll be slowing down but not stopping for the forseeable future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So....the autism thing

For Gerard