Gah!

YouTube - The Lone Gunmen (pilot episode) - PREDICTS EVENTS OF 9/11


I actually watched this show and don't remember this as the central plot point (which is odd in itself.)

This is just eerie moreso because the plot mimics the current conspiracy theories for 9/11. This is not the first time fiction suggested such an attack. Stephen King's short story "The Running Man" (written under his Richard Bachman pseudonym)ends with the protagonist flying a hijacked 747 into the top of the Empire State Building. Tom Clancy's "The Sum of All Fears" ended with a hijacked airliner into the Capitol building. Nonetheless this episode coming so close in both time and method to the actual attacks gives me a knot in my stomach.

Comments

Anna Venger said…
Duffy,

I've tagged you. You're it.

http://annavenger.blogspot.com/2006/08/book-meme.html
The Last Ephor said…
Hube,

You're right that it was the network HQ but I'm fairly certain that was located in the Empire State building. I'll have to check on that one.

Popular posts from this blog

For Gerard

So....the autism thing