Yes, I'm late to the game on this one but it's interesting. I'm not a fan of Morgan Spurlock. I think he queers the dice to find the story he wants as in the story about minimum wage. However, this one is about 30 days as a Muslim in America. I think he picked somebody who he thought would be small minded and inflexible. He also picked a native born family who are quite well assimilated yet still retain a strong sense of faith and culture.

Overall the issue was presented fairly and I think everyone learned something. (It similar to Black. White. but without the weirdo unreconstructed hippy mom.)

I hope the family and mosque he experienced are typical of American Muslims. Are they? I don't know but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Areas like Jersey City and Dearborne should seek to create these sort of exchanges between families to reduce tensions between ethnic groups. It would really go a long way toward ending stereotypes and strife.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Gerard

So....the autism thing