I wrote this to a friend who's going to be doing some multi-month training in NYC. He's never really been and wanted some ideas about where to go/what to do. Below is the email I sent him. (I've cleaned up the links)

Off the top of my head:

1. South Street Seaport. Been there for 170 years and worth seeing. Here is the fisherman's bar I was telling you about. Seems they've moved. I loved the old place and can't speak on the new one as I've never seen it. Probably just as good as the old. If the Wall Street crowd and the Fishermen are still going, it's probably kept the atmosphere.
2. Central Park. Only during the day. At night the place is seriously dangerous
3. Bryant Park. Just down the street from Grand Central. A great place for lunch on a nice day or a drink after work
4. You must ride the subway. Doesn't matter where you go, just do it. It's part of being in NYC
5. Times Square. A mini-Vegas and always very animated. Hookers and dealers are gone so it's not too bad now.
6. This place hosts a band called Black 47 a local Irish rock band. They'll be on tour for the summer so I have no idea why it's on the list
7. There's also this place which is hit or miss. Good for drunken celeb sightings.
8. this one is a must probably one of my favorite places in NYC
9. For even more history, go here
10. Ever hear the term, "86 it"? Wonder where it comes from? Wonder no more. Chumley's is on 86 Bedford street. During Prohibition they were well connected and never raided. 86 became the code for something that gets dropped for that very reason.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Gerard

So....the autism thing