Yes, we all knew this already

CNSNews.com - Obama's Nominee to Run Medicare:
“The decision is not whether or not we will ration care--the decision is whether we will ration with our eyes open.”


I now expect I will be told that this doesn't mean what it says. It means something totally different. Like when "hide the decline" doesn't mean "hide the decline" it means there is no decline and it's getting warmer and we're all gonna die unless we start biking everywhere. I'm sure that "ration with our eyes open" means something like "we have no intention of rationing stop saying that". Look, I've been on the business end of Medicaid with my son for nearly 10 years now and I can tell you rationing is going on now. To think that it's not is insane. I'll also tell you that my private insurance is routinely more helpful and more likely to approve something than Medicaid. It is no exaggeration to say that Medicaid denies every single claim that I've made. I then have to appeal, write a letter as to why said treatment is necessary and then ultimately they may decide to give in. My son has a seizure disorder. When the doctor proscribed anti-seizure meds for him they were denied. Reason? Use this one it's cheaper. I had to have his doctor write a letter that their suggested medication is contraindicated. (That's doctorspeak for very harmful and possibly fatal). Fine, says they, take the generic. Back to doctor who now has to write a Brand Medically Necessary letter as the generic causes very bad side effects in children. Oh, and each time the proscription is renewed, I have to fight with them about Brand vs. generic. This does not happen with any medicine on private insurance.

Rationing is happening now and if this guy is running the show I imagine it's going to get a lot worse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Gerard

So....the autism thing