Attention Federal Officials: This is how you do it.

Jindal questions spill response; Coast Guard official takes blame
"The governor is right. It's too slow, and if it's anybody's fault, it's mine, for not pushing (BP) hard enough perhaps,” Stanton said.“We did have a problem with getting boom down here to begin with, but there seems to be boom that is in the staging areas that needs to be put out."

Then, in an exchange with a reporter, he went further.

Stanton: "It’s my job to direct this response in Louisiana.”

Reporter: “Why didn’t you do it?”

Stanton: “Well, the why -- is that really important?”

Reporter: “Yes sir, we live here.”

Stanton: “Well, I guess I'm just slow and dumb."



Thank you. Finally, somebody in government takes responsibility for failure. This guy just improved his stock with me by 10 points. (Granted I'm nobody but I doubt I'm alone on this one.) He's facing an unprecedented disaster and is falling on his sword. Frankly, I don't know that anyone could have stopped this thing once it started and I don't even know where to go from here.

Terrorist attacks in Beirut in the 80's? No one took responsibility. Embassy bombings in Africa? No firings and no resignations. September 11th, the biggest intelligence failure since Pearl Harbor and not one person lost their job or resigned in shame. I could go on forever. Politicians in Japan have killed themselves over far smaller problems. I'm not advocating suicide but surely something between "move along, nothing to see here" and seppuku is probably in order.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Gerard

So....the autism thing