Political Babelfish

I'm introducing a new feature here called "Political Babelfish". It's available only to Pencader Plantinum subscribers. Non-subscribers, please enjoy this brief commercial (subscribers may scroll down and skip the commercial.)

Do you like beer? Of course you do. Do drink swill? Of course not. They say that "Nothing beats a Bud". We agree. Given the choice, we'll choose nothing over Bud every time.

When you're ready for a manly beer with enough hops to pucker your face and enough alcohol to get you right where you need to be after just one, try Dogfishead 90 Minute IPA.

So, Obama's latest laugher is this one:

"'Given the gravity of this situation, and based on conversations I have had with both Secretary Paulson and Chairman Bernanke, I have asked my economic team to refrain from presenting a more detailed blue-print of how an immediate plan might be structured until the Treasury and the Federal Reserve have had an opportunity to present their proposal.'"

Translation:

"Rather than send the market into further tailspin with my horrible economic plan of taxing the hell out of everyone who is unlikely to vote for me, I'll wait until after the US government buys AIG."

Comforting news. He holds off on his economic plan because he knows it would have perilous effects on the economy. Well, one cheer for that one.

Some Have Hats runs her own version and comes up with this one:

"I can't tell you what my plan is, because they haven't told it to me yet."

Brevity is indeed, the soul of wit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Gerard

So....the autism thing