The Case Of The Wartime Pope: The Historical Controversy Of Pius XII

The Bulletin - Philadelphia's Family Newspaper - The Case Of The Wartime Pope: The Historical Controversy Of Pius XII: "'For me, the wartime conduct of [Eugenio] Pacelli, as Pope Pius XII, was actually of secondary importance in my narrative.'

Hitler's Pope has been criticized for its accuracy and dedication to objective history, and Mr. Cornwell admits that since its publication, his views have undergone revision.

'While I believe with many commentators that the pope might have done more to help the plight of the Jews, I now feel, 10 years after the publication of my book, that his scope for action was severely limited and I am prepared to state this,' he said"

For those of you who need a translation from Leftwing Academic (redundant, I know) to English:

"I was completely wrong about Pope Pius XII but that's not the point. I was trying to fit the facts into my narrative. That is, I had the conclusion I wanted and was working backwards. Kind of like a cheap hack mystery novelist."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Gerard

So....the autism thing