Advice column

"I have a question that I hope you can shed some light on. I am female, married for 10 years and am puzzled by my spouse's behavior.

It seems that he is always trying to one-up me. It is disturbing to me that he takes my ideas and opinions and claims them as his own. If someone asks me a question when we are in a group discussion he will jump in and answer it in a way that I have expressed earlier as my own opinion, only he will make it look like his. It is extreme to the point of whatever I get involved in or volunteer for he gets deeply involved in and tries to make people think he is the one with the idea or passion, even to the point of his asking about getting employed where I am employed. He will go to the people whom I am intimately involved with and trash my name. It even happens with church relationships. At first I thought maybe I was overreacting, but several times I have changed people groups and tried to have my own interests and volunteer opportunities but this has happened every single time I get involved in anything, even to the point of his considering asking for a job where I work. I would quit if he got hired there...So what I am wondering is, have you ever come across this before, do you have any suggestions and can you shed any light on the psychology of this behavior?"


Duffy's Answer: Dear Mrs. Clinton....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So....the autism thing

For Gerard