Daily Roundup

When I was in High School I went to some really bacchanalian parties. Rich kids with parents out of town and a credit card at their disposal. I'll let you imagine the rest. I now know that we were a bunch of pikers compared to this crowd.

78 Things to hate about gaming. I think they got about 70 right.

Funniest trial transcript ever.

The only way I'll ever go to the movie theater again is if the open one of these in Delaware.

Why do I love Larry Niven?

Niven said a good way to help hospitals stem financial losses is to spread rumors in Spanish within the Latino community that emergency rooms are killing patients in order to harvest their organs for transplants.

“The problem [of hospitals going broke] is hugely exaggerated by illegal aliens who aren’t going to pay for anything anyway,” Niven said.

“Do you know how politically incorrect you are?” Pournelle asked.

“I know it may not be possible to use this solution, but it does work,” Niven replied.

“I cannot guarantee I’m going to be a great help to Homeland Security,” Niven said earlier.


He's got brass ones I'll give him that.

Some say the way to make health insurance affordable is to make it compulsory. Is that Constituional? Here's a strong argument that it is not. NB: this has never seemed to slow down the Federal Government before but that's another matter...

Some are calling Hillary's current campaign strategy the Tonya Harding Option. That's a one liner that could be an editorial cartoon.

That this is happening in a place called Carthage is entirely too ironic.

Comments

Hube said…
Niven's stories about organlegging are friggin' spooky. Wonder how prescient he'll turn out to be.

I caught the flick "Turistas" during a free HBO weekend last week. Niven immediately came to mind ...
The Last Ephor said…
Indeed. He's a very bright guy.

I have no stomach for teen slasher movies. I like my scary movies to be more subtle like Frailty.

Popular posts from this blog

So....the autism thing

For Gerard