Daily Roundup

OK, actually weekly roundup because blogging has been light

First up, Peggy Noonan asks if New York's Junior Senator can lose gracefully. I think we're seeing the answer is going to be "no".

From the Department of Unforeseen Consequences, Biofuels cause global warming.

Mark Steyn speaks to CPAC as only he can. Humor and insight in one package. If any GOP candidate spoke half as well as he did, he's be unbeatable.

Everything I've ever needed to know I learned from LOST. I particularly agree with point #4.

I think I'm legally bound to mention Berkley's support for the Marines....

If this doesn't amuse you, you must be Vulcan or something.

This one is red meat for the Techies out there. Behold, when server cabling becomes art

Remarkably, I've had 5 of these and the first four in the list are really awesome. Lambic is, admittedly, like sausage. Delicious but you really don't want to see it made. The uber-hopped IPA's by Dogfishead are truly inspired. Dogfish is the most exciting, groundbreaking brewer in the states today. If you're not drinking their beer, you're doing yourself a disservice. When the wort runs through the whole leaf hops it grabs the hop oil and makes is really really strong. Brilliant!

Utopias is more like cognac than beer. It's very thick, very strong and completely devoid of carbonation. It's very expensive and more of an exercise in extreme brewing but if you're a beer nerd (like me) you might appreciate it.

The Scots Pine ale is really not as odd as you'd think. If you've had Sierra Nevada's Pale ale you're familiar with the taste. The pine gives it a particularly floral and sharp taste but not in a bad way. It's not easy to find but I found it packaged with some other Scottish beers including one brewed with heather which was really nice.

I've not had the coconut beer and of the Michelob, we will not speak.


Joke of the day:

A man falls overboard.

A Liberal throws a rope 6 feet past him and then lets go of the
rope.

A Conservative throws the rope 6 feet too short and demands that he
swim part of the way.

Jesus walks across the ocean, pulls the man up, and says "Try not to
make a habit of this."

I don't talk about it much but I grew up going to school with kids from this town. They're #1 in Forbes for most expensive community in the US. Needless to say, I'm from the other side of the tracks. Not poor mind you but in relative terms I was a pauper. Having them as friends in high school was often bizarre. I came from a world they didn't understand and vice versa.

Moving on....

Can you live your life in anonymity today? An interesting experiment.

What's the best wine ever made? Many say it's the 1947 Cheval Blanc. This writer tracks it down an manages a taste. At $12,000 per bottle I doubt I'll be buying any soon. I will however, recommend 2Up Shiraz from Kangarilla Road Vinyard. At $9.99 per bottle and that's a very very good buy.

I have an idea! Let's cover wild boars in pitch, set them on fire and set them loose on the enemy! Elephant or not I'd flee in terror if a flaming wild boar was headed my way.

More poking fun at the Patriots
http://www.break.com/index/patriots-parody-you-cheated.html

Comments

Thing is, if the roles in Berkley were a little different - say... a group protesting an abortion clinic by physically blocking entry with their bodies, yelling out the number of abortions carried out since Roe v. Wade, I think the police would have intervened, don't you?
Anonymous said…
Duffy, I need your email address. Send it to me at jmadjeski_AT_gmail_DOT_COM
The Last Ephor said…
AO: Certainly yes. I've seen anti-abortion (or pro-life if you prefer) protesters get bones broken for sitting and non-violently blocking the entrance.
Oooh and coconut beer...I'm going to have to see if I can find that if it's sweet it might make a beer drinker out of me yet.

Popular posts from this blog

For Gerard

So....the autism thing