Adventures in sleep deprivation continued...

Two Thirty three AM.

He was up again at 2:33 AM. For. The. Day.

I feel like death warmed over. It's like being hungover without getting to enjoy the beer the night before. He was very upset and crying and wouldn't stay in he bed or even his room. I have a headache of truly epic proportions that nothing seems to quell. I'm crankier than Keith Olberman at a GOP convention and my eyes are burning like I've been in a swimming pool for hours. Best of all? A birthday party for tomorrow for my son and, God help me, 14 other 5 year olds. This is supposed to have passed by now as the medication should be out of his system. If this is not a side effect of the medication and simply the new norm, I have major, major problems. Other than slightly increased aggression he seems totally unaffected by the whole thing which is, frankly, unfair. I wish I had half his energy. If I could bottle it and sell it, I certainly wouldn't be blogging to you lot. I'd be sitting on a beach in Bimini being fanned by scantily clad local women while a professional blogger turned my every inebriated utterance into pure bloggy goodness.

I'm getting punchy, bear with me.

Comments

Don't know how effective these things are, but wondered if the Johnson & Johnson sleepytime bath products could work for your eldest?

When I was kid, there was a white noise machine in my bedroom to help me sleep.

I like drinking decaf tea for sleep this one I haven't tried, but is a well-known brand.

Good luck.
I have nothing to offer except for empathy and moral support.

You are in my thoughts, and from what I can surmise from your posts about the strength and love in your family, I am sure you will make it through.
Anonymous said…
Duffy, ditto what Shirley said so very gracefully.
It isn't easy to deal with this level of complication in life. You were handed a heavy load but have some heavy support too.
The Last Ephor said…
Thanks everybody, I am truly touched.

Popular posts from this blog

For Gerard

So....the autism thing