Greatest Polictal Putdowns

Read the whole thing

Comments

Paul Smith Jr. said…
I think my favorite political insult was one I witnessed. (Like the ones in the article, there's nothing really distinctly political about it other than it took place in the context of a political conversation.)

In 1996, I worked on the Republican campaign for Mayor of Wilmington and given the incompetence of the Democratic incumbent, we drew a lot of Democratic support. A top Democrat supporting the incumbent went on the radio badmouthing those who were crossing party lines to support us, especially attacking one person without using his name while making it clear to those in the know who he was talking about. When I spoke to the target of the attacks later, he simply responded, "Eh, I've been called worse by better.:

I think just sheer dismissiveness behind the attitude is what I appreciate.

Popular posts from this blog

For Gerard

So....the autism thing