New OBL Tape: Iraq, Democratic Control

New OBL Tape: Iraq, Democratic Control. Seriously, take out one reference to his confession about 9/11 and you'd never know if this was one of the posters at HuffPo, Kos, DU or DelawareLiberal.

Update: 9.10.2007

DelawareLiberal isn't happy with me for this one.

I should be clear here. I am not putting liberals on any sort of moral plane with bin Laden. I do not think they are wishing for mass slaughter of anyone let alone Americans. Rather, my point was that bin Ladens rambling rhetoric sounds much like Noam Chomsky, Kos, DU et al. The difference between my comparison and those made by the Left between Hitler and Bush is one of substance. They compare the two and put their goals, aims, actions and rhetoric on the same plane. A distinction with a difference.

I did miss one point in bin Laden's speech that I'd like to point out. He's advocating lower tax rates than nearly any Republican candidate running for office in 2008:

"There are no taxes in Islam, but rather there is a limited Zakaat [alms] totaling 2.5 percent."

In all seriousness, how does the state function on such little funding? Is there any Islamic state that actually keeps taxes that low? (I'm thinking UAE but not sure)

Lastly, my post was hardly original. Andrew Bolt had this one before I did.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Gerard

So....the autism thing