Daily Roundup

Global Politician revisits the Anthrax cases and points a blackened finger. More here

Just another day in Iraq. The ease and humility that Teflon Don writes with makes it all the more compelling. I guarantee if I were writing this story it would be replete with hyperbole, self-aggrandizement and worse. Read it. Now.

Why France will liberalize. I'm not so sure. The welfare state has been decades in the making. We're now looking at third and fourth generation Frenchmen who know nothing else. As an American I knew about the size and scope of the state in France but it wasn't until I lived there did I really get it. Even if Sarko wins he's fighting an entrench bureaucracy that makes the US government look like Cato Institute's wet dream.


Mitt Romney's efforts to make himself unelectable continue apace. Now he declares "Battlefield Earth" as his favorite book. Who's the only religious group less electable than Mormons? Scientologists! I haven't read it so I can't comment on how awful it is. Given the plot sketch I can't bring myself to do so.

Typical Rangers. Not that I blame them. I give them extra points for creativity.

Is Congress clueless on Iraq. Most likely, yes. If your name is Pelosi than it is certainly yes. NB: I bow to no one in my delight in bashing Joe Biden but the guy knows his stuff on foreign policy. He may be wrong on that front rather frequently but it's not out of ignorance.

Embrace the Surge. Why it's working and why quitting now would be wrong.

Diane Feinstein's shenanigans aren't going to be under wraps much longer. I have no idea what's taken so long but she's been at this for years. She's steered as much as 1 billion dollars to her husband's company. This was reported nowhere in the MSM whereas Bill Frist's completely legal stock trades were trumpeted across mastheads for weeks.

Is Rudy insane? They mean it in the literal sense. Read the whole thing.

Blair takes a beating. The article glosses over the economic boom that the UK has enjoyed during his tenure which is unfair but many of the points raised are valid and a cause for concern.

In From the Cold has the quote of the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Gerard

So....the autism thing