Thoughts on the Massacre

..or rather, a lack thereof.

What can I possibly say? To condemn it seems obvious and tone-deaf. A call for prayers seems woefully inadequate. Of the politics of gun ownership and carrying, I'll not speak.

Anything about "healing the pain" or expressions of sympathy fall flat.

I don't mean to sit this one out. Far from it. There is so much anger and pain around the issue it's hard to ignore.

The cynic in me thinks this would have fine if only he'd offed himself first.

Is it evil or insanity that drives a man so. I've had my heart broken. We all have. But has anyone ever, even for a moment, thought of taking a weapon and slaughtering everyone in you path? People you didn't even know. Some will chalk it up to insanity. Anyone who would do that has to be insane. That's a comforting thought. To think that someone could be sane and yet so evil is almost too terrible to contemplate. The implications are staggering. The trouble is that evil is real and exists in this world. Ignoring it or calling it a different name doesn't make it go away but sometimes it's all we can manage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So....the autism thing

For Gerard