Daily Roundup

This is funny. Snide but funny.

Palestinians attend a demonstration against violence in Gaza April 23, 2007.

Clearly they need a refresher on the definition of violence.

Bush's ruination of the economy continues apace.

I know you're not a soccer fan, but watch this anyway.

Reid debunked in 5 easy steps.

h/t: Malkin


Become Just. One. Person.

I became Just. One. Person. once. I was heading to the subway in NYC and some skel (that'd be homeless guy to you) was blocking a very pretty young woman from going down the steps. She would move left and he would step to his right to block her. I said "Hey, leave her alone". He wheeled on my and put a rusty razor up to my face. He said "You're a real tough guy aren't you." I didn't say a word. We stared at each other for a minute and then he left. The woman, wisely, left as soon as he turned to me. I have to admit I was terrified. I have no doubt he would have sliced me up if I had opened my mouth. There's a line between brave and foolish and I don't know what side I was on that day. Probably the latter.


Enviro-hypocrites
are going to continue to take brickbats from both sides throughout the coming election cycles.

Poem of the day

Excerpt:

"Just tell the truth of what you see, without the slant or spin:
That most of us are OK and we're coming home again.
And why not tell our folks back home about the good we've done,
How when they see Americans, the kids come at a run."


The prince, who as a Second Lieutenant has the rank of Cornet in his regiment, had reportedly threatened to quit the army if not allowed to serve on the front line.


Good on ya lad!

Quote of the day:
I expect another depressing choice in 2008 like we had in 2004: between a tough, stupid, overbearing and ham-fisted Republican, or a squishy, naïve, apologetic and distracted Democrat.


On that note, Kevin Drum notes the whining as a substitute for response.

One minute speech of the day.

The best thing about being a Republican? No lying required. I get his point but he's way too far out on the limb. Any politician has to lie to get elected or get anything done in Washington. Sad but true. This may require a longer post....

In case you're getting too much done at work, why not defend your castle.

Jefferson keeps his seat while Republicans vacate theirs. Remember this one next time you hear about how ethical Democrats are.

Hitchens, ever the contrarian, denounces Islam as a "not much more than a rather obvious and ill-arranged set of plagiarisms". Say what you want about him, but he's got brass ones. Big, huge brass ones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Gerard

So....the autism thing