No NASCAR here

We're all about Formula 1 and World Rally

Watching 100 rednecks drive in a circle for three hours isn't my idea of fun. Give me some turns other than left damnit!

For your amusement: Here's Juan Pablo Montoya trying to kill (I'm only half joking when I say that) Kimi Raikkonen:



The two were neck and neck in the points.

Which also led to this incident (salty language warning):



On the other side of the coin, we have World Rally Championship which feature turbo charged 4 wheel drive cars that drive off road at over 100 mph. If you like crashes, WRC is for you.




These races are also different in that, they're staged. You can win some stages and lose others and still win the race. Since there's no place to pit and the course is a not a circuit they run from A to B and time you. Times are aggregated and whomever finishes with the lowest total time, wins.

Here are WRC 2006 FIA Gala Official Season Highlights



Sebastian Loeb must have a pact with the Prince Of Darkness himself. How else to explain this video:



If I were his navigator I'd have to keep my head down for fear of fainting. How close are those buildings?


Lastly, here's video of the 2007 inaugural race from Monte Carlo:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Gerard

So....the autism thing