Religious freedom and drug use

Drug's Mystical Properties Confirmed
36 Area Adults Took Psilocybin in Study; Many Called Experience Spiritual


I was always skeptical about claims of using drugs in religious services as merely an end run around government drug prohibitions. Reading this article, I'm not sure about that. It appears they've taken people from all different faith backgrounds including those vaguely spiritual but not necessarily involved in organized religion.

If we are to believe the results of this study, how can the government continue to prevent people from taking psilocybin to that end?

I'm going to be called a hypocrite here (again) because I think this should be legal but not something that I would do, nor would I allow my kids to do.

If people want to do this and it's not harming anyone (other than themselves), who am I to stop them?

This should be interesting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Gerard

So....the autism thing