Supreme self control

You know you're in trouble when your wife begins a conversation with, "I think I have deficiencies..."

I just looked at her, deadpan. I cannot believe she would lob me such a softball. I quickly dawns on her that she's done so and she starts to laugh. "C'mon, say it! Say what you want to say."

Me: "I hardly know where to begin. You gave me such an opening I'm on witty retort overload. Prithee continue."

Wife: "I meant nutritionally."

I'm amazed I was able to contain myself.

Comments

Paul Smith Jr. said…
I know what you mean. There was this girl I kind of liked a long time ago. I forget exactly what I said, but I gave her the perfect softball set up and she whiffed. Completely let it go by.

I knew then nothing could ever happen between us.

I told that story to another friend later and she went into overload trying to pick which comeback to use. I had come up with a few possibilities myself.

Any girl who would let a chance like that go by isn't the girl for me.

Popular posts from this blog

For Gerard

So....the autism thing