Three quick links

This site shows map overlays for terrorism around the globe. It lets you discriminate by type of attack as well as showing major infrastructure nearby. Interesting.



First, they came for the gays... I've experienced similar phenomenon as well. Most readers will note that I typically side with Republicans over Democrats in most issues so my experience may be biased in that direction but I find it nearly impossible to have a discussion of politics with liberals. One close friend is a liberal. Proud of it. However, we cannot discuss politics. She's very bright and I ordinarily love talking to her but when it comes to politics, she goes to pieces. She cannot keep cool. I think her passion over rides any sort of logical ability (which pains me). She seems to get out on a logical (or factual) limb and when I cut that off things go pear shaped. I think this bothers her more than it would otherwise as she's a lawyer so constructing arguments is what she does for a living and when they're predicated on feelings rather than facts you're on tenuous ground.



Is Google conspiring with US intelligence agencies? I've been reading OSS.net for ages and actually know the founder tangentally. He's a very bright guy and knows what he's talking about but I think he's either missing something here or has considered it and it and as an ideological purist, he's against it. Google's cooperation with TLA's may be hand in glove with their policies in China. That is, they are expanding their marketshare in the same way that airlines did with the help of the CIA in the early 70's. That is, get there firstest with the mostest and sort the rest out later. Is Google keeping US intel agencies apprised of the traffic for typically denied areas in order to keep an eye on what's happening? I'd wager Google has much to say of value in re: Chinese citizen's web searches and habits. Similarly, what is banned is very instructive. Social networking in China is highly problematic for Chinese authorities who rely on information control to quell the populace. That's getting harder and harder.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So....the autism thing

For Gerard