Steve Irwin has died. Unsurprisingly, he was killed in an accident when he was too close to a dangerous animal. He leaves a wife and two children behind, I sympathize with their loss. Irwin lived as he died. He was fodder for those who made jokes about his apparent recklessness with wild animals. I'm inclined to agree with them. He always claimed what he did was safe and careful but I've seen the show and putting your face within inches of one of the most venomous snakes in the world simply isn't smart.

According to the article, he was killed when a stingray's barb pierced his heart. I thought stingrays were reluctant to sting and would only do so as a last resort. I wonder what Irwin was doing when he was stung. I wouldn't be surprised if he was trying to interact with the animal when it decided it had enough.

Very sad. Rest in peace Steve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So....the autism thing

For Gerard