I watched the first installment of "Nightmares and Dreamscapes" last night. It was the episode entitled "Battleground". Simply put, it was extraordinary. The adaptation was faithful to the original. Acting and direction were better than most feature films. The most amazing part was the total lack of dialog. There are no spoken words for the entire hour. As far as I know, that's a first. (Although I think there's an episode of Buffy that was silent as well. Not sure, if anyone knows, let me know in the comments)

Highly recommend it. Can't wait for the rest of the installments.

Comments

Paul Smith Jr. said…
The episode of Buffy was named "Hush," and is considered by many the greatest episode of the series. (I personally favor "Once More With Feeling," the musical epsiode, but "Hush" is up there. Second or 3rd, probably.) Only about half the episode is silent, but I think at the time it was some sort of record for longest time a TV show went without speaking or something.

According to this page, it went 28 miutes without speaking, not including commercial time, so it's actually about 2/3rds of the episode. You can read more about the epsiode here: http://www.buffyguide.com/episodes/hush.shtml
The Last Ephor said…
Thanks Paul. I knew there was something similar on Buffy but I've never seen it. I'll have to check it out.

Popular posts from this blog

For Gerard

So....the autism thing