Faster is safer. Yes, thank you.

I learned to drive in the NJ Turnpike and in New York City where the weak are eaten. This has a lot to do with why my daily trek up I-95 through PA makes me nuts. Rookies. Worse yet, rookies on their cellphones. (Don't get me started on Delaware drivers).

What the article omits is the effect of the raised speed limit on revenue. I suspect it is approximately zero. For every 65 MPH speed limit, you'll have plenty of people driving north of 80.

Delaware keeps it's small stretch of interstate highway at 55 as a revenue genreation measure. (It's not about safety as we don't have a helmet law for motorcyclists. Any state that lacks a helmet law cannot tell me about safety with a straight face. NB: I still have to wear my seatbelt despite my airbag) That limit isn't going anywhere.

Has anyone noticed how my kids are in life threatening danger when they're in my car without a crash helmet, carbon fiber racing shell, roll bars, airbags and 5 point safety harness yet when they're on a state owned and run school bus they become magically immune to any danger and are thus not required to have any of that type of gear? Just asking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Gerard

So....the autism thing