Consultant Breached FBI's Computers. I'm surprised they even noticed. They issued the story of huge "damages" as a way of insulating themselves if they go to trial. Without evidence of damages the charges are akin to tresspassing and will result in very little jail time if any.

I understand this guy. He probably just got curious and it got him in trouble. It is tempting when you have the Keys To The Kingdom to look at things you're not supposed to.

When I worked at The Very Big Investment Bank in Delaware I had access to everyone's salary and bonus numbers. Everyone. If I met someone I could go back to my desk and tell you everything about them. Where they went to school, what their performance ratings are, how much they made, if they were married, where they lived, etc. Initially, it's exciting to have access to so much forbidden knowledge and it can be tempting to see what your coworkers are making.

(*note: I never looked anybody up. However, some of the single people in my group were not as scrupulous when trolling for potential mates)

The shine does wear off quickly and you get over it. That's probably what happened with this guy. He saw something interesting and got carried away. If the FBI was smart, they'd make a deal with him to help harden their networks and suspend his sentence provided he keeps his nose clean.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Gerard

So....the autism thing