Saddam Had WMD's according to the Investor's Business Daily. I have no doubt there's an avalanche of information that will come out. Much of this has simply never been translated. We don't have enough translators to cover the material. Some will claim this was all a Rovian plot to discredit their critics. I don't think so. I wish he were that brilliant, but he isn't. I also believe that much of the carping about "lies to get us into war" are not lies but predicated on information that is classified and we may find out some day that the threats were not only real but worse than we imagined. On the tapes, Saddam even talks about using "proxies" to attack us. That made the hair on my neck stand up. Put that together with the editorial (which, of course, I cannot now find) that predicts the Pentagon in flames, the White House/Capitol destroyed and "Americans will curse the name of Frank Sinatra" (singer of New York, New York). Where there's smoke, there's fire. Was al-Qaeda a stalking horse for Saddam? Maybe. We don't have any proof but the willingness of Saddam to work with unsavory characters who were notoriously anti-US is evident. I know I'm treading over old ground here, it's just that this earth just keeps being churned up as new things become available.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So....the autism thing

For Gerard