monoblogue has a great quote from Shadegg about the Dept. of Education;

“I personally believe there is no place in the federal government for a Department of Education. It is not in the Constitution. There is no mention anywhere in the Constitution that the federal government has any role in education. I believe that the federal government doesn’t have a role in education. I have several members of my family, including my wife, who are teachers, who are not at all happy with the so-called No Child Left Behind bill, which I think has gone far astray from what it was even intended to do. And I would like to hope that at some point we could get the federal government out of the business of education altogether, and acknowledge that this is policy that should be decided at the state level.” —Rep. John Shadegg

EXCELLENT! If only we had a hundred more like him. IMNHO the only cabinet posts that should exist are: Defense, State, Justice, Attourney General and Treasury. All others need not apply.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Gerard

So....the autism thing