If you have too much time on your hands, look at this. I like Zippos. They're solid, easy to fix and last forever. I've never been a fan of the disposables. They're cheap, die quickly and look awful. I don't have much use for a lighter. My cigar "habit", if you can call it that, is a quarterly event at best. I used to enjoy them much more frequently but now I dont' have the time. Nor do I have the company. As much as I enjoy a cigar, there's something about smoking one with a friend that I really enjoy. A drink and a nice stogie make for great conversations. It's almost a binary thing. Either I need total solitude or one good friend to join me. More than one and it becomes something else. The attitude changes. It's no longer about a contemplative smoke. Guys tend to get rowdy and crude, almost characatures of the cigar chomping barons of the Industrial Age or patrons of a 1960's era poker game...

Sorry, I guess I've pegged the pretentiousness meter there. I'll climb down and resume my regular drivel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Gerard

So....the autism thing