China admits to more unrest this year. Increasingly, the people are unwilling to work for a pittance and put up with corruption. The days of super cheap goods from China are finite. Should the cost of production in China become too high, we will see production facilities move to places like India. I, for one, would much rather see us invest in India than China. They are the world's largest democracy and the largest English speaking country in the world. We do them, and us a disservice by giving money to corrupt, oppressive governments like China. It seems hypocritical to embargo Cuba but invest like crazy in China.
So....the autism thing
Since April is nearly over and it's autism awareness month, I suppose I should talk a bit about it. I guess the best way to start is to rehash the story of How I Got Here. My oldest was born in 1999. Healthy, happy and so on. One peculiar thing he did as an infant was to avoid eye contact. Our doctor assured us it was because he was so young and his eyesight was undeveloped and he was probably focusing on something in the background that was more interesting. Besides, babies don't recognize faces for a few months after birth. Only later did we find out that our doctor was an idiot. He was 16 mos. old when his little brother was born and he was walking and making wishes known by pulling me or my wife by the hand to whatever he wanted etc. He was fascinated with the wheels on toys. If you gave him a truck he'd turn it over and spin the wheels and smile. Only later would I find out this is a major warning sign. This was our first born and what the hell did I know? ...
Comments