Katherine Kersten: The Bomb saved innumerable lives

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

I used to be very squeamish about the bombing of Japan to end the war. I've since read a great deal more and firmly believe the only way to end the war was to break the Japanese completely. Their will was very strong and only complete and total devestation would convince them to give up arms. It took not just one but TWO atomic bombs to get them to surrender.

War is a scourge but sometimes it is necessary. Dropping atomic bombs is horrific but it was the only way to win the war.

UPDATE: 8/9/2005

Over the weekend I received an anonymous email from a reader who decried my support of the bombing. I don't have the full text of the email here as I cannot access my personal email account right now. While I disagree with the emailer, I'm glad you're here. In the future, please post in the comments. That's what they're there for.

For those of you keeping count: I have now had a whopping two (2) comments on this blog since it's inception. If this keeps up, I'll knock off Glenn in no time.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dropping the A bomb on Japan to end the war is one of the most morally evil acts ever committed. The Japanese had already sued for peace via that other evil man Stalin, but Truman chose to drop the bombs anyway to let Stalin know that they really did have enormous destructive power. The Catholic ethical axiom: “The end never justifies the means” is an absolute principle. Besides the horrific destruction of the only major catholic center in Japan.

Popular posts from this blog

For Gerard

So....the autism thing