Enough already. I surrender. Throw in the towel, raise the white flag. I've had enough of summer. This weekend was brutal. The air was hot and thick. A clingly invisible liquid you had to wade through just to get to the car. The lawn has gone dormant and now looks like a layer of hay. It's also too long and needs to be cut but there's no way I'm going out there for 2+ hours to mow it. Maybe I can get the neighbor's kid out there.

The kids (and I) are going stir crazy. There have been so many days north of 90 degrees it feels like forever. Worst of all, Colin has been off from school last week (and this one) and he's been out of sorts and had a cold. Yes, a cold. When it was 100F outside, the kid had a cold. Being cooped up in the house I guess. I'm a bit congested myself that ever annoying congestion that has one side of my head completely stuffed up and the other side completely clear. The first nice day I'll be outside all day. My wife is going to have to drag me back inside by my ankles as I frantically clutch at the dead grass.

My wife's aunt and uncle were in town last night. Aunt Carol was a big hit with the kids. They were shy at first but warmed up to her very quickly. Uncle Jerry pulled a quarter out of Connor's ear. I wish I could have snapped a picture of the utter astonishment on his face. It was priceless.

Later FIL, Uncle Jerry and I went out to a bar for a drink. We were going to go to the "Redneck Bar" but FIL vetoed that one. Uncle Jerry told him he was a pussy and had no sense of adventure. Instead we went to a local place. We entered the bar and found it...completely empty. Ok, that's not entirely true. There were two guys there but they were leaving as we arrived. It was just the three of us. We sat and had a beer and watched the preseason Eagles (boo hiss!) and Ravens (meh.). Ravens lost due to dreadful receivers but who cares? It's preseason.

Two beers and some BS later, we left and I dropped the cotton tops home and it was nice enough to drive home with the windows down and the stereo up. Mr. Adams and I make quite the duo. Sure he sings better but is he driving 5 speed at the same time? I think not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Gerard

So....the autism thing