Where's the Newt?

Even the NYT Op-Ed page is climbing down from the Plame story. Reading this one thing occured to me.

Could it be that Fitzgerald is protecting Plame? I had an epiphany when reading this article. Could Wilson have been citing a document he never saw (the forgeries) because he had seen it? If I have my facts straight, Wilson claims the names and dates were wrong on the invoice for the purchase of Uranium from Niger. He backed down later and said he never saw the forgery. He wasn't cleared to see it. His wife is an analyst in WMD proliferation. Just the kind of person who has access to such a document. Could she have shown it to him to bolster his case? He let it slip that he had seen it and realized that he would be incriminating his wife in a federal crime. Namely, showing classified information to someone who is not cleared.

This one is still murky, and I'm not sure about my speculation but it is possible. We'll have to see...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Gerard

So....the autism thing