One of my father's oft repeated mantras was "I cried and cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man with no feet." Unlike most adages and attempted lessons, this one didn't go in one ear and out the other. It stuck with me. It has often helped me put things in perspective during my own times of adversity. When my son was first diagnosed with autism, my wife cried and I immediately asked, "Ok, so what do we do?" I was glad to know that his condition had a name and we finally knew what we were up against. I wasn't flippant or in denial. Rather, I knew my son was healthy and happy. He is a great joy in our lives. Surely he is disabled and he (and we) will face some very large obsticles. However, his condition is not degenerative, nor fatal. To that end, meetCameron Clapp. A boy with more courage in one day that I've ever been able to muster in a lifetime. God bless you Cameron.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So....the autism thing

For Gerard