Wind Power in Rural Spain. Intersting article (excerpt) about Spanish success with wind farms. I don't have access to the whole thing so I can't comment fully but I'm skeptical about windpower in larger scales. I think there's problems with transmission loss as well as adverse affects on avian types. I think this would work quite well in some places, esp. smaller grids. Wind, nuclear, geothermal and such all need more encouragment and incentive to be deployed in larger quantities. SDB has been over energy production and problems in detail so go there for a discussion that is way beyond my meager understanding of power production, usage and attentant problems. In short, it's very complicated and getting off of oil (foreign or domestic) is very very difficult.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Gerard

So....the autism thing