Who's Laffing now?. Kudlow shows us the even WaPo cannot deny that the Laffer curve is real and is showing dividends again. I was apprehensive about the spending explosion without much larger tax cuts but it seems to be working. I'd really rather see massive spending cuts along with massive tax cuts. Why has W. deserted us on the domestic front? I know he only has so much political capital to spend but he's spending it in all the wrong places.
So....the autism thing
Since April is nearly over and it's autism awareness month, I suppose I should talk a bit about it. I guess the best way to start is to rehash the story of How I Got Here. My oldest was born in 1999. Healthy, happy and so on. One peculiar thing he did as an infant was to avoid eye contact. Our doctor assured us it was because he was so young and his eyesight was undeveloped and he was probably focusing on something in the background that was more interesting. Besides, babies don't recognize faces for a few months after birth. Only later did we find out that our doctor was an idiot. He was 16 mos. old when his little brother was born and he was walking and making wishes known by pulling me or my wife by the hand to whatever he wanted etc. He was fascinated with the wheels on toys. If you gave him a truck he'd turn it over and spin the wheels and smile. Only later would I find out this is a major warning sign. This was our first born and what the hell did I know? ...
Comments