Poop? Meet fan. Fan, this is poop.

That about sums up my week.

In addition to Eldest not sleeping later than 5:00 AM, I've now learned that my wife's grandfather and his girlfriend will not be staying just one day. They'll be staying FIVE DAYS. And when did they tell us you ask? They didn't. We found out from other family members. I'm ready to scream. I've had my fill of company. I'm done. Really. Top it off, these two are the worst houseguests. They've been known to poke around closets and basements when the residents are out. Not. Cool. They are also the most passively agressively demanding people. "Oh, you don't have to make dinner, that's ok. Just throw some rotten meat on the floor and I'll pick it up." Or worse they ask where a nearby restaurant is so we'll tell them not worry about it, we'll cook. They insist we don't cook. We get take-out. Do our guests even offer to pay? No.

This may sound like I don't like them. Not so. I do like them, just not as houseguests. To be fair, the man is in his 80's and has earned the right to be crochety and fixed in his ways but it's hard to take. Especially on 20 hours of sleep over the last 5 days.

Worst of all, we are supposed to be going to NJ this weekend for the big family get together (my side) only to learn that Youngest Nephew has a fever that may preclude them from travelling. I don't blame them. But if they don't go, I might not go which means I'll be stuck with Mr. Complainypants and his girlfriend. That is, positively, the last thing I need.

"I just want to run away" said Wife.

You and me both.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Gerard

So....the autism thing