French in disarray as they admit EU treaty vote is lost. There may be hope yet. The French actually voted against the EU b/c they fear it will force them to trim their welfare state. Lazy inveterate Frenchmen, afraid of having to work for a living and actually compete with other national industries was enough to have them vote "Non!". France has long term problems I've spoken about here and others have covered in greater depth and with greater skill. I think the EU in it's proposed form was/is fundamentally undemocratic and very bad for both Europe and America. They're better off making something akin to a NAFTA style open market, perhaps moreso.
This is very strange...
I'm an average guy with an average life. I have a few more kids than most but for the most part I'm just an anonymous lumpenprole toiling away in obscurity both professionally and on this blog. To say my life follows a certain routine is like saying " The Hindenburg caught fire." That is to say, technically accurate but wildly understates the truth. In any event, I just received a call from The Wife. To wit: "Did you order something?" "No, why?" "There's something here for you." "Uh, box, bag, envelope, singing telegram?" "It's a box" "Who's is from?" "It's from [Name redacted pending confession or further investigation]" "Who?" "(repeats name)" "No idea. Never heard of him." A quick google search later I find that the sender's return address is in the wilds of northern Pennsylvania. A place I have never visited. "Open it." "W...
Comments