Decaying amusement park is fascinating to see. I've always been a fan of sci-fi stories that deal with post-apocalyptic or post-information age stories. The kind that King talks about when "the world moved on". The ones that end "not with a bang but with a whimper." The photos on this site resonate with me for that very reason. I sometimes imagine what New York City (or even my own town) would look like if left untouched and allowed to decay for a decade or more. Someone should use this place for a movie set. They wouldn't have to dress the set one iota. Granted the place is probably dangerous in parts and that would inhibit or limit much of what people would like to use but I digress. Take a look at the photos. Creepy and fascinating at the same time.
This is very strange...
I'm an average guy with an average life. I have a few more kids than most but for the most part I'm just an anonymous lumpenprole toiling away in obscurity both professionally and on this blog. To say my life follows a certain routine is like saying " The Hindenburg caught fire." That is to say, technically accurate but wildly understates the truth. In any event, I just received a call from The Wife. To wit: "Did you order something?" "No, why?" "There's something here for you." "Uh, box, bag, envelope, singing telegram?" "It's a box" "Who's is from?" "It's from [Name redacted pending confession or further investigation]" "Who?" "(repeats name)" "No idea. Never heard of him." A quick google search later I find that the sender's return address is in the wilds of northern Pennsylvania. A place I have never visited. "Open it." "W...
Comments