There are days....


Me: Do you know if anyone is running jobs on [Server name]?

Coworker: No.

Me: No, they're not running them or "no, I don't know".

Co: I don't know

Me: *IM's dba team, no response*

My painfully simple query finally returns...."No data to fetch"

Me: AAAAAAAgggggggh! How can this be? The fund is on the table, table has data, no cartesian, no outer join....I'll run an explain...

12 minutes later...

Me: Ok, explain plan is fine, so what the @!&*^? Hey Coworker, come look at my query.

Co: What's up?

Me: What's wrong with my query?

Co: Nothing looks good to me.

Me: So why don't I have any data?

Co: No idea.

15 hours later....I'm checking my email as part of my morning routine....

DBA has sent an email to the team explaining that yesterday he was re-running a job that failed over the weekend. I swear, he's lucky he sits in New York.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Gerard

So....the autism thing