Syrians stage rare protest at trial of rights activists. This is big. Not a protest in Lebannon against Syrian Occupation, but rather, one in Syria against SYRIAN occupation. Assad's regime is crumbling beneath him. He is clearly not his father. He simply does not have the ability to hold it together. I suspect he is more of a titular head at this point than it appears. There are a good many party members who have much to lose if Assad falls. Syria, like antebellum Iraq, is run by the Ba'ath party. In both cases, they are run by a class of thugs who raid the country for their own well being and position. They are accustomed to wealth and privildge and are not going to give it up without a fight. Syria is going to be well and truly surrounded. Lebannon and Iraq are going to be very good peer models for Syria. The regime can no longer control information. Without that control, the center cannot hold. Assad's regime will be gone within a year.
This is very strange...
I'm an average guy with an average life. I have a few more kids than most but for the most part I'm just an anonymous lumpenprole toiling away in obscurity both professionally and on this blog. To say my life follows a certain routine is like saying " The Hindenburg caught fire." That is to say, technically accurate but wildly understates the truth. In any event, I just received a call from The Wife. To wit: "Did you order something?" "No, why?" "There's something here for you." "Uh, box, bag, envelope, singing telegram?" "It's a box" "Who's is from?" "It's from [Name redacted pending confession or further investigation]" "Who?" "(repeats name)" "No idea. Never heard of him." A quick google search later I find that the sender's return address is in the wilds of northern Pennsylvania. A place I have never visited. "Open it." "W...
Comments