Why oh why?


Wife: Let's go shopping.
Me: For what?
Wife; Curtains.
Me: Why do I have to go?
Wife: Because I need your opinion!
Me: I don't have one, they're curtains and I'm a guy.
Wife: What if I buy something and you don't like it?
Me: I'm sure whatever you buy will be fine. If not, I promise not to complain.

[this continues for several minutes until I'm in the car and on the way to the curtain store]


Wife: How about these for the kitchen?
Me: Looks good.
Wife: You're not even looking at them!!
Me: (looking up from book I'm reading) Ok, now I am. They look great.
Wife: You're just saying that, you don't even care.
Me: That's true.
Wife: I don't know why I bring you
Me: (thinking) Me either
Wife: Next time I'm just going to go by myself and you can stay home!
Me: Good! That's what I've been asking for. We'll both be much happier that way.


Of course she always forgets and brings me along for the next outing to The Wallpaper Store or the Cute Little Knick-Knacky Store or what have you.

Why, oh why do women insist on bring men places they know they're going to be miserable?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Gerard

So....the autism thing