1/24/02

Damnit! I hate this @#$%$# browser. I was in the middle of a post and it crashed on me. The thrust of the post is/was thus:

1. It's raining.
2. I'm irritable and overtired
3. I wanted to see Le Pacte des Loups this weekend but it's not playing anywhere in a 60 mile radius
4. That is bullshit.
5. My flat tire from yesterday is going to cost me north of 80 bucks. The sidewall gave out b/c dumbass (that would be me) didn't check the pressure
6. This list is too long.

Thoughts for the day:

If airline baggage screeners are now federal employees, aren't random seaches a violation of the 4th Amendment?
Aren't separate security lines for frequent flyer/business travellers a violation of equal protection? Did any of the geniuses running airline security notice that the hijackers on 9/11/01 were in business class? Just wondering if economics aren't taking a priority over safety and security.
It is my contention that airline security is not one iota safer now than it has ever been. It is decidely less convenient but certainly not safer.

I got an email from an old college friend today. I thought he was blowing me off but turns out he just took forever (4 months) to respond. He gave me an update on alot of people that I knew in college. Reading over it I was gripped by a very odd feeling that I still am unable to quantify several hours later. I guess the whole thing made me feel tired and old. Everyone seems to be doing well and is married and starting to have kids and such. There were alot of names on the list that I recognized but for the life of me I couldn't put a name to a face.

After reading over it, I started to wax nostalgic about college. I think people have a tend to romanticize the past. It wasn't all the halcion days that I remember it if I really start to think about it. There's alot of heartache, disappointment, sorrow and regret that gets glossed over in the face of joy, exuberance, optimism and laughter.

I can't go back to Loyola anymore. Too many ghosts.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Gerard

So....the autism thing