U.S. study shows autism more common. I've been around and around on this and I think one reason for the explosive growth in the rate of new cases has to do with awareness and early diagnosis. Some True Believers think mercury (and specifically, Thimerisol) is the culprit and nothing will dissuade them. Personally, I think autism is simply too large to have a single cause. The huge, huge range in disability on the spectrum makes me think this may not have a single cause or single cure. More on this later.
This is very strange...
I'm an average guy with an average life. I have a few more kids than most but for the most part I'm just an anonymous lumpenprole toiling away in obscurity both professionally and on this blog. To say my life follows a certain routine is like saying " The Hindenburg caught fire." That is to say, technically accurate but wildly understates the truth. In any event, I just received a call from The Wife. To wit: "Did you order something?" "No, why?" "There's something here for you." "Uh, box, bag, envelope, singing telegram?" "It's a box" "Who's is from?" "It's from [Name redacted pending confession or further investigation]" "Who?" "(repeats name)" "No idea. Never heard of him." A quick google search later I find that the sender's return address is in the wilds of northern Pennsylvania. A place I have never visited. "Open it." "W...
Comments